The Zonal Coordination/Corporate Communications Division of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board Board (NCDMB) in continuation of her ongoing community sensitization workshop held another round of Enlightenment/Sensitization on Community Content Guidelines (CCG) in Eket, Akwa Ibom State
Engr. Ginah O. Ginah PhD, General Manager, Cooperate Communications/Zonal Coordinations NCDMB in his Presentation 1, explained the Board’s Community Content Guideline (CCG) highlighting that the CCG is aimed at protecting the Host community’s interest and integrating the Host Community into Oil & Gas operations.
In the CCG, Host Community is defined as “the community where
oil and gas operations/projects take place”.
He went on to explain contents of the CCG, highlighting its Objectives, which are;
1. Structured engagement of youths in host communities in productive services, supplies, manufacturing and contracts
2. Establish critical infrastructure to stimulate development in host communities.
3. Attract new businesses to strategic locations in host Communities
4. Sustain growth of host community entrepreneurs through funding and policy support.
He also talked about The Community Content Framework which has four (4) broad pillars
1. Project Office and Community Offices
2. Employment and Human Capital Development (HCD)
3. Procurement of Goods and Services
Other critical subjects like Governance Framework, Monitoring and Evaluation Framework, Consequences for Non-Compliance were also expatriated on.